Stage One Bitcoiner
1. You have invested in Bitcoin and most likely left it on the exchange where you bought it. Wallet? Nah, too tricky. Hopefully you change this attitude soon if you’re still doing this.
2. You are telling everyone about Bitcoin, Blockchain and why it is going to be huge. They do not care, you see this, but you persist. What is wrong with these people you think, idiots. Keep fighting the good fight my friend.
3. You have a friend who is trading, he seems to be doing well, that is next right? Your ready you think.
Stage Two Bitcoiner
1. You own more than two coins. People have started to say ‘please don’t talk about Bitcoin’ on a regular basis.
2. You are checking the price of your coins constantly and have started to spend time with people you previously had never spoken to, other Crypto tragic’s.
3. You believe you know how to trade, oh no!
Stage Three Bitcoiner
1.You have blackouts of anything else happening in the world that is not Crypto related. You’re addicted.
2. You’re trawling for Crypto content, you’re an information hungry monster. You probably have most of your stack in alt/shit coins. Bitcoin just is not giving you the fast action and the returns you want NOW.
3.You associate with a new crowd of people most of whom only want to talk about Crypto. You love these people. You have found Nirvana at the Crypto meet up.
Stage Four Bitcoiner
1.You realize you don’t know how to trade and you only did well because the market was pumping. It dawns on you if you had just Hodled your stack would be bigger, yes a monkey picking randomly, would have done better than you. This is a good lesson, learn it.
2. Crushing despair as you realize the cold harsh fact that most alt coins are in fact total rubbish, no, say it aint so.
3. That definition of a Blockchain and Bitcoin and how it all works you were giving… uh no, back to the drawing board. You’re a bit confused. Here is a super techie run down of how Blockchain works. https://anders.com/blockchain/ Good luck. Hang in there.
Stage Five Bitcoiner
1.You have stopped day trading but you still watch Tone Vays and start to understand what he’s saying. You don’t agree with much of it but you get it. Can the market really be that simple? What was I doing wrong should I buy again and just HODL? Should I start trading again? There is a 9 coming up, that is good right?
2. You know what a protocol is. You totally get what Bitcoin is and hows it’s completely different to Ethereum. You can spot a scam and you do not talk to people about Crypto anywhere near as much as you used to. You do however talk to people who are of a similar knowledge base and there is real enjoyment as you realise you are starting to really get it. Your not in the 1% your in the .01% Stay in there, just do not become a Blockchain consultant yet.
3. You clearly understand how Bitcoin works and you have an OH FUCK moment. You also realise how money works. This is a big moment. It’s ugly and exhilarating at the same time.
Stage Six Bitcoin MAXIMALIST
1. Bitcoin Bitcoin Bitcoin, you are now a Bitcoin maximalist. You can poke holes in everything that is not Bitcoin, including central banks.
2. As a Bitcoin maximalist and have gone back to being super annoying, talking to anyone who will listen, you are on a crusade.
3. You take a great interest in the big picture, you know all about SEC rulings, you’re not even an American but you know what the Howie Test is, for god sake.
Stage Seven Bitcoiner
1. Your YouTube viewing habits no longer include the rapid fire Vlogers. You experimented with the multitude out there now and have found one, maybe two, that have become a daily go to. You’ve gone back to old school youtubing, the glory days of stumbling upon Thomas Hunt, Mad Bitcoins and the World Crypto Network, of digging around to find good content and unearthing some hidden gems. Yes only a handful of people watch them, but you can understand the tech chat now. You are becoming more technical on many fronts. You are a nerd, welcome. FYI The channels I follow, in no particular order, are listed at the end of this article.
2. You might be finding people at the Crypto meet-ups frustrating. Someone enthusiastically taking about a new coin or ICO annoys you. You know better. Don’t be a Crypto dick, listen to opinions, even silly ones. Be inclusive of ideas. Females have started to arrive at the Crypto meet ups. Yes finally.
3. You have stopped looking at the price everyday. The down turns have no effect on you, you know where it is heading over the next couple of years. A quiet confidence prevails.
Stage Eight Bitcoiner
1. You start to question your stance as a Bitcoin maximalist. Yes Bitcoin is the big daddy and you firmly believe that it needs to be, will most likely always be, but other projects should not be written off completely.
2. You start to write top 10 lists and post them to Bitcoin and Crypto groups.
3. You think it might be time to start trading again. The market is something you get and you’re ahead of the pack knowledge-wise. Hhhhmmmmm
Stage Nine and Ten
1. I will get back to you…
My Youtube watch list.
1 .Andreas Antonopolous. Strongly recommended
2. Tone Vays. Bitcoin morning brief is a daily watch. Content with Jimmy Song is the best when he’s on.
3.The World Crypto Network. Where it all began.
4. Block Digest. Technical, but usually the last channel I fall asleep to, yes I’m a super tragic Bitcoin nerd. I need a Bitcoin nerd girlfriend.
5. Richard Heart infrequent content but very entertaining when he does post. Loud and Abrasive Crypto at it’s finest.
6. CNBC Crypto Trader. I want this guys job
7. Doug Polk. Infrequent but very entertaining
Others I watch now and again
Arcane Bear. Cool guy with a good heart, getting back into posting
Whalepool. Havent tuned in for a while but used to listen when I was trading
Jimmy Song. Someone I admire, great content both written and youtube.